Being an executor today is more complex and more time-consuming than ever before. If you could significantly simply things and save your executor multiple hours of frustrating paperwork, would you?
Final Documents Service
You have been responsible your whole life. You have taken care of yourself, maybe married and raised children, put them through school and saved for your retirement. You have even wisely planned for your Estate by making a Will and choosing an Executor you care for and trust. But, the world has now become a very complicated place, and what once was an honour to be an Executor is now often a confusing, time-consuming and stressful experience.
When you die, there is a mountain of work to do in a world where thieves target the Estates of the deceased and complicated family relationships make a perplexing task even worse. Banks are protecting themselves at an increasing rate by freezing accounts and demanding probating of Wills before bills can be paid.
Executors are often left to:
- Pay your bills for months and even years until Probate is finished
- Access Government Programs and funds
- Distribute all your assets, furniture, clothing, household items, equipment, family heirlooms and items that may have unknown special meaning to others.
- Identify, contact and close your accounts, services, reward programs, credit cards, life insurance policies, utilities, social media accounts, emails, etc.
- Work through a maze of changing passwords and complex programs
- All this with little or no experience and without a guide
Thankfully, there is now the Executor Assistant-Final Document Service (FDS)
Final Document Service is a pioneer in estate documentation administration that assists in assessing and preparing documentation for over 300 items during the comprehensive evaluation process.
FDS is like your executor having a personal expert in estate settlement simply a phone call away! FDS contacts and prepares applications for:
- CPP Death Benefit; Survivor Pension and Child Benefit
- Canada Revenue Agency, Passports and Citizenship, Veterans Affairs, Marriage and Common Law declarations
- Memberships and Licenses- CAA, Costco, Firearms Licenses
- Pensions, Benefits and Life Insurance
- Loyalty Programs, Airlines, Car Rentals, Gas Companies
- Searches dormant bank and life insurance accounts
- Charities, Health Professional and Publications
All of this is completed and prepared through a comprehensive interview and then sent to your executor in a prepared, addressed, stamped envelope, ready for a signature.
FDS allows you to demonstrate who you are by ensuring that your legacy isn’t a nightmare for your Executor, and all for a one-time small fee.