What is it? And why would my Executor need protection?
Most of us have spent our lives planning, caring for, and protecting those we love. As we grow older, the task gets harder, and when we die, our choices, both good and bad, form part of our legacy.
EXECUTOR PROTECTION is basically a website toolbox to help us build and protect a legacy of integrity and kindness that carries on after we die.
When we choose an Executor, we are asking them to carry out the spirit of our intentions, which then becomes our legacy. This is the highest order of responsibility. Being an Executor is often viewed as an honour. Sentiments aside, it is a tremendous amount of work undertaken at a very sophisticated level.
Why would we want to protect our Executor?
- The work is done during a period of emotional turmoil.
- Family members are grieving for the deceased.
- Navigating family tensions over how the estate is divided is stressful.
- Even if things seem straightforward, settlement can become very complicated by pressure from beneficiaries.
- The average estate takes 547 days to administer; if it’s complex it can be much longer.
- Unfulfilled responsibilities become the responsibility of the Executor.
- Executors are held accountable, and may be financially liable for their mistakes.
- Litigation over estate-related matters is increasing.
What can be done now to protect my Executor?
On these pages, you will find convenient, comprehensive, and cost-effective solutions to protect your Executor from unnecessary stress, unforeseen problems, and unfinished business.
We invite you to use our toolbox and build a pathway to a legacy of integrity.